Friday, September 24, 2010

First Look Friday - September 24th

If any of you guys out there are Game Informer subscribers then you'll be sure to of noticed the Fall Out: New Vegas that led off the Preview section. As someone whose played every Fallout through multiple times I can't tell you how excited I am for this to come out. As I've said before I'm a big fan of the post apocalyptic setting and Fallout is one that always delivers a good scenario in that mold. I really like the idea of a desert setting along with the New Vegas setting as it seems like it's going to lead to some feelings of being all alone with the super mutants when you brave the open desert. Rummaging through the buildings of Fallout 3 was simply breathtaking and super scary when you were running low on ammo (something that seemed to happen often), so I'm a little scared that we might lose a little of that awesomeness that made me feel like Will Smith in I Am Legend when we go to a more deserted place. That said I'm still super excited.

In the new GI they talked about a few of the traits in the game and that got me wondering what kinda cool stuff they would have in the new game. I was a big fan of using the less helpful traits in 3, such as the talking to kids one and the guardian angel one. Even though these didn't really make me a killing machine they still gave me a great time. I'm also hopeful the bounty hunter contracts from three will come back in a big way. That would be awesome to get to run around in the open wastelands making contract killings. Speaking of bounty hunters why has no one made a game for this generation about those guys in Star Wars? I mean they're easily cooler than Jedi and it would give people something else to play besides lightsaber games.

I seriously can't wait to grab this game the day it comes out...hopefully it will be as good as the last one and as good as I was hoping Metro 2033 to be. Well, see ya next time. Same time, some place. 

No comments:

Post a Comment