Friday, September 3, 2010

First Look Friday - September 3

Now obviously I'm not going to be getting any actual first looks at the games I want to talk about on this day, but there are quite a few games I'd like to talk about that haven't come out yet. Think of this as more of personal preview of sorts. Today's first look is a little game called Rage by a little known developer id Software, who made games like Doom, Quake, and Wolfenstien.

This new game they have coming out this time next year is being called Rage and it's a post apocalyptic shooter with some car combat and racing thrown in for good measure. Personally I love when developers use a post apocalyptic setting in games as it just has a really cool feel to it. My favorite being Fallout 3, but I also liked Metro 2033 (more the idea than the actual game) and to a degree Borderlands (it's more of a back water alien world, but it feels post apocalyptic). With a developer like id you  know you're going to get a great shooter with a really moody atmosphere and from the current screen shots you can tell that at the very least this is going to be a beautiful game. I'm not usually a graphics whore, but dad gum this one is doing it for me.

Not only does the shooting aspect of this game seem sweet, but I really think the car combat could be cool. Back in the day I used to play Twisted Metal: Black and Road Rage all the time and if this game can come close to that one it could be awesome because you'll get a great shooter with some cool car combat tacked on. It's been said that they're going to let you custom upgrade your vehicles which should be legit. Here's hoping I can get a Wayne's World Pacer with chain guns for side mirrors and a rocket cannon in the back seat...with  tiny flames on the side of course.

I'd like to encourage you to go check out the trailer on id's website if you have the time, but I gotta get outta here and go play some WoW. See ya next time some time, same place.

No comments:

Post a Comment