Monday, September 27, 2010

Minecraft Monday - September 27th

Hopefully you've heard of the game Minecraft by now, but if you haven't I'd suggest going and checking out videos on Youtube (I'll recommend looking at stuff by Seananners, X, and awesomemattg they're my favorites). Then you should go buy it because, since it's in Alpha, it's only like 13 bucks and you'll get a lot of play time out of it.

In this space I'm just going to post updates about what I've been doing in Minecraft (someday soon I'm hoping to start uploading videos, but until I get my new computer that's not going to happen). Obviously since no one can see my map this is mostly for me to chart my progress on my "domain".

The other day my map got deleted when something messed up with the Seecret Friday update so I've had to make a brand new map. Luckily, as I was walking around I found this sweet arch that's just giant and was begging to have a castle/fort built into it. So far I haven't really gotten a lot done on the castle part because I was watching awesomemattg show off his quarries and I decided I wanted to make one. I also wanted to make one just a little bigger than his and tailor it to my personal tastes, which mostly means I build a huge tower out of planks in the middle that goes from bedrock up to cloud level. Currently I'm not super far down yet...probably halfway, but I should finish it by the end of the week, which is when my castle will get built. All that's up in my castle thus far is a side room that contains about 20 chests, filled with various things and a wall of furnaces...about 30ish in all that pump out clean stone by the boat load. Right next to the chest room is my lava spring incinerator that I basically copied from mattg and X. It's nothing special, but it serves it's purpose. I've also started clearing out the front of the castle to build a grand entrance to the fort...it's about 1/3 done and is going to take awhile. But it's not going to take near as long as the waterway I'm trying to build to my second digsite. This is probably going to be my most difficult undertaking so far because it's so far to the location and it takes forever to fill it with water, let alone build it. I'm just hoping to finish it as some point and not just get fed up and quit.

That's all I've really been doing in Minecraft lately outside of the random cave exploration (there's actually a huge cave system inside my fort, which is really cool). Hopefully next weeks update will see a few of these projects completed.

See ya next time. Some time, same place.

No comments:

Post a Comment