Saturday, September 4, 2010

Saturday Shorts - September 4th

I still haven't really decided what I want to do with this day, but I'm thinking I might just post my rp stuff from Warcraft because I need somewhere to put it. However, since today is the first full day of college football I've been really busy watching games and haven't really had time to think of anything to write  so I'm just gunna cover a few short topics for today.

My Oklahoma State Cowboys absolutely destroyed WSU tonight, which admittedly isn't that impressive, but a wins a win. Kendall Hunter had an amazing 2008 campaign and after being hurt last year he's picked it up right back from where he ended. I said two years ago he could/should contend for a Heisman if the team was any good and tonight's game proved it. He went for around 250 yards and 3 TDs and just dominated an overmatched WSU squad. The real test will come when Big 12 play starts, but it probably won't matter what he does because we'll probably only win 4-7 games this year. Justin Blackmon also had a great night with 4 total TDs, 3 receiving. I'm much more hesitant to get excited about this because he's had big games in the past and then played terrible in the rest of the games. The new QB, Old Man Brandon Weeden, had a good first showing and was super accurate, going 22-30 with 3 scores. The most exciting development was the play of the defense. Before the two starting DTs went out the D was dominating in every facet of the game and continued to play fast and smart when the DTs went down with injuries. Again, this is a lesser team in WSU, but still I'm much more excited for this season than I was before the game started. We'll just haveta see how next week goes against Troy.

The other big news for me this week was the US sweeping the prelims. I'm not quite sure if we'll be able to win this whole thing, but I feel like we have a good shot to at least make the championship game. Our biggest problem is going to be teams with size because we have a lack of it. Hopefully they can overcome and take home the World's for the first time in awhile.

Well, that's all for now...tune in next time; some time, same place.

No comments:

Post a Comment