Friday, October 1, 2010

First look Friday - October 1

Ok, NBA 2K11 comes out in four or five days, but IGN has posted their review of the game and it got me pretty excited for the game. First off, there's the new Jordan Moments mode where you get to play as Jordan through ten of his most memorable games/moments of his career. This alone is going to make me go rent the game even though I'm not the biggest Jordan fan. Really I was always more of Rodman fan, but to go relive some of those cool moments and play against the likes of Bird, Magic, and 'Nique in glorious HD is more than enough to garner at least a rent. And after that you get to import a rookie Jordan into any current franchise and play through his career in My Player mode. Can you imagine putting Jordan on the Heat or even the Hawks and the crazy athleticism that team would have? It would be incredible to play. That's not all that has me excited though because I've heard that in your My Player mode you get to do cool new things like Press Conferences and inking your own shoe deal. Of course it takes a lot of work to get to that point, but man it seems like a good step in the right direction for this mode in the future. Hopefully they continue this work in the future. Supposedly the realism is going to get a whole new level this year, which is crazy considering how good last year's update was. My pocket book is stretching thin, but I really think that I might go ahead and buy this game even though I usually have a strict policy of only buying a new sports game every other year and this year was my Madden year. I suggest you go check out the review on IGN to get a full preview, but this game is looking to be amazing.

Well, catch ya next time. Some time, same place.

No comments:

Post a Comment