Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Monday Minecraft - October 11

Since I've started publishing articles on Bleacher Report I've had trouble finding time to do much else besides that so that's why this is a day late. Anyways, I haven't been playing Minecraft because of how unreliable my computer's been lately. Hopefully I'll get my new computer in a few weeks and be able to start playing before the Halloween Update.

Speaking of which I'm pretty excited for that to hit the public. The only thing that doesn't look cool is that Notch is going to make torches run out after some time. While this makes the game more realistic, but I use torches to tell me where I've been and I also like to carve out huge 30X30 strip mines. If I lose all my torches then it will be difficult to know exactly where I've been. Hopefully lanterns will be fairly easy to make, but we won't know for sure until it launches.

I'm really looking forward to this new "realm" that lets you travel quickly in the real world by braving this new ruthless realm. On his blog Notch posted a screen shot of the realm and it looks fairly scary, which seems to be what he's going for in this new update.


Notch has also said he's going to make new enemies that are actually difficult this time around and make it to where you need more light as you dig deeper to keep the baddies from coming. This should make the game even more interesting because right now the only enemy that even presents a tad bit of challenge is the skeleton. These guys aren't too tough, but if they get the jump on you they can do quite a bit of a challenge. I've seen on his Twitter that he has made a new enemy that we will all hate...which basically means I can't wait.

He's also said that he's going to include fish so you finally have a reason to use that fishing pole. I'm not really sure what he plans to do once you catch the fish, but I assume eating it is logical. He's also including a watch that helps you tell time, which I kind of don't see being that big of deal, and biomes, which basically means the weather will change, a cool cosmetic upgrade. Finally, it seems we're pumpkins, which is alright, but not that cool...and possibly some new block types. I'm hoping for something stronger than Diamond to be in there.

Well, that's all for now. See ya later. Some time, same place.

No comments:

Post a Comment