Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Warcraft Wedsenday - October 6

I've officially canceled my account at least until Cata comes out, mostly due to the terrible lag I've been getting in my dorms. I'm still going to do some write ups on wow, but they probably won't be very long. With that said there are two things I've read about this week that interested me and, while most of you already have probably heard of them, I'm going to post my thoughts anyways.

The first thing that caught my eye was that Blizzard released a release date for Cata. Now the day their planning to bring it out isn't to terribly surprising because it gives them a chance to use BlizzCon to build up some more hype (not that it really needs it), but the thing that did surprise me was that they announced it right now. I mean, if they really wanted to create giant amounts of hype they could have waited for BlizzCon to announce the date. That would've gotten a huge reaction amongst the crowd. I mean people would've gone rabid with anticipation, but they choose to do it fairly quietly, which leads me to believe they might be planning something HUGE for BlizzCon. The two most likely things are a Diable 3 release date or an announcement of the new MMO they're working on. It's possible that they didn't want Cata's release to over shadow this other possible big announcement. No other option really makes much sense to me because they could have used this announcement in a big way and they really just sent it out without too huge of a ripple.

The other big thing I saw was that Blizzard has decided to place a hard cap on guild size at 600. I don't really know if having big guild sizes makes it more difficult on Blizzard, but I really think this was a mistake. I'm not personally in a guild that goes over 600, but I think it stinks for those that are. And if the gripe is that it will be easier for them to get guild achievements I think that's lame. It's also easier for them to tackle content because they have more warm bodies to pull from and I haven't really seen that as a big reason for the change. I just feel like Blizzard is going to change this at some time in the future because it's going to kill those big guilds and those players are going to be pissed and possibly leave the game. I feel like they should be trying to make everyone somewhat happy, especially when it comes to people's in game friends in such a social game.


See ya next time. Some time, same place.

No comments:

Post a Comment