Friday, October 1, 2010

Throwback Thursday - September 30

Ok, so while there are lots of great games coming out something big has happened in my life that really brought me back to the past that doesn't have anything to do with games. That's right friends, the WWE has finally released a Chris Jericho DVD set....nine hours of the greatest wrestler of all time. I know lots of people look down on wrestling, but I've always been a huge fan of the sport. Let's get past the fact that it's fake (sorry if you didn't know) and realize that this man soap opera is super entertaining and these guys are great athletes. If you or I tried to pull any of these crazy moves we'd surely hurt ourselves or someone else. So let's remember, the results are fake, but the pain is "mostly" real. Anyways, that out of the way I've been watching this anthology for awhile and have been thinking about who my personal favorite wrestler are and thought I might make a couple of lists. One of favorites today and one of all time with my reasonings included. Now, this isn't best in the game because you won't see John Cena or even Stone Cold on my list, but just a list of personal favorites. Anways, let's get started.

Top 5 Today- (note: I'm leaving Y2J outta this one and going with younger talent, rest assured, he'll always be my favorite).

1) Randy Orton- Holy cow, I can't get enough of the Viper, even if that moniker is ridiculously lame, but man he's the greatest in the game right now I think. It doesn't matter if he's a heel or face he's got the crowd eating out of the palm of his hand. He's just dominate and it shows when he won his 6th title soon. Oh, and when he goes into stalking mode I turn into a school girl and just get giddy with excitement.

2) CM Punk- Turning Punk into a heel is the greatest thing that ever happened to this man. I literally used to hate his guts as a stupid baby face, but now that he's got his heel persona as leader of the SES I can't get enough of him. I wish they could make a few more good stables and have an all out war ala DX and the Nation of the Attitude era. maybe that'll happen soon, fingers crossed.

3) Kofi Kingston- His high flying style and crazy athleticism is exactly what I love to watch. He's not the greatest worker in the world and doesn't exactly work the program people want him to. Which apparently killed his momentum a while ago when he was getting crazy push and then worked an angle with Orton and went off script which pissed Orton off. That said, nobody does a better Money in the Bank match and I could watch him wrestle all day.

4) Jack Swagger- When this guy is a heel he's awesome just because he gets so high on himself. When he first won the 'ship I was laughing my head off every time he got on the mike. Plus, he's from Oklahoma so I can't hate on him too much.

5) Michael Tarver- Okay, obviously this guy isn't really that great, but I love his gimmick. That he can knock someone out in 1.7 seconds. If only they really used that he could get over and could be a new age Goldberg. Hopefully that happens because I love his looks and his t-shirts. I really hope he goes off at some point.

Top 5 Ever-

1) Chris Jericho-The best ever. Best promos, most funny, great in the ring, by far the best heel to ever live. Truly the best to ever step foot in the ring.

2) The Rock- Right behind Jericho...I mean had I picked up wrestling earlier I might lean towards Rock, but as it stands nobody can take Jericho's spot.

3) Goldberg- So fun too watch because he was just so dominant in the ring. I mean when this guy would come in and just destroy people it was amazing. I still remember when he was in an elimination chamber match in like 04 (possibly the first) and just killed 4 of his 5 opponents and only lost to HHH when H got a sledgehammer in the chamber. His Spear on Jericho was disgusting...I literally jumped outta my seat. His intensity made him one of the best ever. 

4) Booker T- Personal favorite tag team was Book and Golddust. I can't explain why, but I loved those guys and Book doing the spinneroonie was so sweet. Plus he's got a great look and a real powerful style that was just fun to watch. As his career progressed I felt like his gimmick got crappy, which hurts him a little.

5) Shelton Benjamin- I've never wanted a guy to get over as much as Benjamin. I loved this guy and hope he comes back at some point. He was so athletic and did some amazing things in ladder matches. While Kofi Kingston has become great with the ladders it won't feel right not seeing Shelton doing MITB matches anymore.

Well, see ya next time. Some time, same place.

No comments:

Post a Comment